- Please tell us your name and what you do here at Equaleyes?
My name is Blaž Vantur and I’m an Android developer at Equaleyes.
- What do you like to do for fun?
I usually dedicate my free time to music and sports. They are the two things that I’m really passionate about besides programming. I play a couple of instruments, but my main instrument is Accordion. I like to play football, volleyball, skiing, boarding and in summertime also some diving when I find the time for it.
- What things do you not like to do?
I really don’t like cleaning… -.- That doesn’t mean that because I don’t like it, I don’t do it, but I really do it with some hesitation. Where does all the dust come from? o.O
- What did you want to be when you were young?
When I was about 7 maybe 8 years old, I got really interested in computers. At that time my uncle was staying at our house and he had bought a new computer. You know, those old computers that were having TURBO button to speed things up? At first, I was only playing games like Road Rash, Pacman, and other golden oldie games. But later from games, I started to assemble computers and those kinds of things. And of course, now, but I hope it is not the last stage, is developing mobile apps.
- What is the best piece of advice your mom or dad gave you?
Not all bad stuff means bad things. Some of them are going to lead to some better things. So acknowledge mistakes, learn from them and move on. And also be humble.
- If you were stranded on a desert island what would you bring with you?
My dog. 🙂
- If you were a character from Game Of Thrones who would you be and why?
Definitely Arya Stark! [SPOILER ALERT] There is a lot of politics in the Game of Thrones and with her skill of the many faced god, she could manipulate the whole direction of the war that is happening in the Westeros.
- If you could pick up a new skill in an instant what would it be?
To know every possible program language in the world. The rest would come with this skill! 😉
- Everyone has a good app idea. What’s yours?
I’m travelling a lot with trains, so maybe some app that could connect people on trains through the app or just some local multiplayer game that can be played only on trains.
- Do you think A.I. will be beneficial for the world?
That really depends on how we will implement it in our lives. If we will do it in the right way, then I think we could make a lot of good stuff from it.
- What do you think robots dream about?
They are daydreaming of having dreams.
- Imagine you were the CEO of a company… What would you make compulsory in the office and what would you definitely ban in the office?
No loud talking from one corner of office to another. That would probably be in the contract. 😀 And if I have to choose something to ban, I would ban all the sticky notes. 🙂
- Got any favourite quotes?
“You don’t set out to build a wall. You don’t say ‘I’m going to build the biggest, baddest, greatest wall that’s ever been built.’ You don’t start there. You say, ‘I’m going to lay this brick as perfectly as a brick can be laid.’ You do that every single day. And soon you have a wall.” – Will Smith
***RAPID FIRE ROUND:
Cheese or Chocolate?
Coffee or Tea?
Running or walking?
Numbers or Letters?
Beatles or Stones?
Harry Potter or LOTR?
Cats or Dogs?
Become the king of the world or the president of the world?
King of the world. It sounds better.
Sink or Swim?
Play music or Listen to music?
Depends on the crowd.
Bite your tongue or kick your little toe ?
Kick my toe.
Fight or Flight?
Depends on situation
Jobs or Woz?
Sharks or Dolphins?
Pizza or Pasta?
Ibiza or Iceland?
Viking war chant
Hot or Cold?
Books or Movies?