- Please tell us your name and what you do here at Equaleyes?
Hi, I am Davorin and I am a designer (UX/UI to be more specific).
Design for me is problem-solving. The tools can differ, but the mindset of the designers are the same.
- What do you like to do for fun?
Watching stuff on Youtube and playing team games.
- What things do you not like to do?
Proofreading text 🙂
- What’s your earliest childhood memory?
Huh, a good question. The first thing that comes to my mind now is climbing on a ladder, random a guess.
- What is the best piece of advice your mom or dad gave you?
It’s hard to put it in one sentence; there were no quotes per se. But the best thing I got from my parents in advice is persistence. The main thing is to keep going forward; all of us will fall or fail at some point; the most successful people always manage to get up and make progress even in the darkest hours.
- What characteristic do you most admire in others?
Humble. Minimize the swagger. Egos get in the way of ideas.
- What movie or novel character do you most identify with?
I am not a big movie watcher or novel reader, so this is quite hard for me to tell. But let’s say, Ironman, a man who created his powers on his own.
- If you could pick up a new skill in an instant what would it be?
Adobe After Effects master
- Everyone has a good app idea. What’s yours?
Do you know the app Acorns from the US? It’s an app about micro-investing; basically, you go for a coffee, and the price is 1,4 EUR the app automatically rounds up to 2 EUR and invest 0,60 EUR for you. I would make this app in the EU.
- What do you think robots dream about?
For now, I don’t think they have dreams.
- Imagine you were the CEO of a company… What would you make compulsory in the office and what would you definitely ban in the office?
I would put a great focus on learning and reskill the team. 10% of all the working time should be used to actively learn and expand the knowledge of the employees.
Hmm, what would I ban… let’s say I am not a fan of cables, so probably I would enforce a strict cable management policy. 😀
- Tell us your darkest secret; we promise we won’t tell anyone. They’ll read it 😀
I am Batman 😉
- Got any favourite quotes?
“Less but better” from Dither Rams.
It’s primarily a design quote, but it can also be used in life. It doesn’t mean to do less or to be satisfied with less but rather to strive for the important stuff and get that right.
***RAPID FIRE ROUND:
Cheese or Chocolate?
Coffee or Tea?
Running or walking?
Numbers or Letters?
Beatles or Stones?
Harry Potter or LOTR?
Cats or Dogs?
Become the king of the world or the president of the world?
Sink or Swim?
Play music or Listen to music?
Bite your tongue or kick your little toe?
Kick little toe
Fight or Flight?
Jobs or Woz?
Sharks or Dolphins?
Pizza or Pasta?
Ibiza or Iceland?
Hot or Cold?
Books or Movies?