- Please tell us your name and what you do here at Equaleyes (and how long you have worked here)?
My name is Damijan Račel. I have been with the company for over 3 years and currently, I am an iOS Tech Lead.
- What’s your earliest childhood memory?
When I was around 3 years old I locked my grant grandmother out on the balcony and because of the weird lock I couldn’t open the door anymore. We had to wait for someone to come to rescue her.
- What is the best piece of advice your mum or dad gave you?
I think that the best advice they gave me was that I should be respectful to other people and to be curious of the world that we live in.
- Who do you admire right now and why?
I admire anyone who is hardworking, has courage to follow their dreams and succeeds against the odds. You don’t have to look at famous people for that. You can find people to admire all around us.
- Best piece of advice you would give someone looking at getting into a technology job?
It’s important to learn a lot and also to be thorough. At the end of the day, it’s important to create a great product that works and even if you don’t have a lot of knowledge yet, companies value a hard and honest worker that cares about the small details and doesn’t make careless mistakes, but also owns up if he messed up.
- Funniest story about life at Equaleyes?
When I had my first job interview with Luka Topolovec, he made me a classic Equaleyes programmer’s coffee. He mixed coffee and water directly in my cup. I thought it won’t be that bad, so I took a brave sip. My eyes got watery, my mouth was full of coffee, but I pulled through. It was my first taste of the no-bullshit nature of the startup life and I liked it from the beginning.
- Describe your life using film titles.
404 – Movie title not found
- What things do you not like to do?
One of the things I don’t like to do is to regret my decisions. I think our goal is to try to learn how to live our lives without regret.
- Everyone has a good app idea. What’s yours?
The best idea or project any of us can have is the one we would take from start to finish.
- What do you think robots dream about?
I think they dream of electric sheep.
- Tell us your darkest secret, we promise we won’t tell anyone. They’ll read it.
We have to leave something for Part Two of the interview 😛
***RAPID FIRE ROUND:
Cheese or Chocolate?
Coffee or Tea?
Running or walking?
Numbers or Letters?
Beatles or Stones?
Harry Potter or LOTR?
Cats or Dogs?
Sink or Swim?
Play music or Listen to music?
Fight or Flight?
Fight or Flight 😉
Jobs or Woz?
Sharks or Dolphins?
Pizza or Pasta?
Ibiza or Iceland?
Hot or Cold?
Books or Movies?